"L'Union" du 17 juin 2012

"L'Union" du 17 juin 2012
Portraits de Maitre

mercredi 14 décembre 2022

Mike Scott "The Waterboys"

14 décembre 1958 

The Waterboys : Mike Scott - Post-it interview

Ce qui me rapproche de lui :

"I started falling in love with pop records when I was 9 and started noticing there was music in my head all the time. From then there was nothing I wanted to do but be a singer and musician."

"when I read certain of Yeats’ poems, I hear melodies in my head. Unlike many poets, Yeats often wrote in strict rhythmic metre and with consistent rhyming, so his words lend themselves to musical treatment. A lot of them make great rock lyrics, and in our show I’ve striven to create music that is worthy of the words. I also like Yeats’ subject-set: love, politics, myth/legend, the mystic and the Celtic soul." En savoir +

"Je ne crois pas à une « puissance supérieure » parce que je crois que nous sommes tous Dieu et la puissance du sacré est en chacun de nous (et accessible pour nous.Je crois que tout est liéque nous créons les conditions de nos propres vies et consciences par les attitudes que nous adoptonsles décisions que nous prenons et les actions que nous faisons, ..., et je crois que l'amour est la force suprême de l'universet que nous sommes au plus proche de la vérité quand nous agissons avec amour..."
EN SAVOIR +

Recherches associées :

"This Is The Sea" - Mike Scott and The Frames (Vicar St. Nov 2011)

CaliMike Scott  et Steve Wickham sur scène au Zénith

Aucun commentaire: